+

Monday, January 7, 2008

Del.icio.us

Oh my, I feel like I'm coming out of a fog. Where did the past 30-40 minutes go? One moment I'm doing research for my library 2.0 post and the next thing I know I'm reading The Best of Craigslist 2007. How did I get there? I don't know...one bookmark led to another...I know I started at the IS Desk del.icio.us account.

Del.icio.us is one of those programs that I always hear about and have played with some, but have never really become addicted to. I like the idea of being able to access my bookmarks at home, at work, at my in-laws, etc. But there is also something very personal about bookmarks and I wonder how I'd be judged if the world could see my eclectic tastes?

I love that the IS desk has an account. I definitely see this as useful on the reference desk. I also think that the library could have Del.icio.us accounts that we advertise to the public. It could be another place to have the "Resources by Subject" link list that we have on the FVRL site. I would like to see an easy way to search by user so that the accounts of libraries, museums, schools, etc, could more easily be located.

Will I sign up for my own account? Probably. But will I forget the password within the month and have it go the way of my Bloglines account? Possibly.

No comments: