+

Monday, February 25, 2008

technorati



Didn't we already do a technorati assignment? I thought so. So I guess we're going in deeper this time. I'm still *waiting* for the technorati tutorial that I'm supposed to watch to download...it's taking for-ever! In the meantime, I checked out the Percolator and Popular features. I wasn't very interested in the Percolator which, "show(s) the blog posts and mainstream media stories getting the greatest attention from other bloggers in a topical area right now. The percolator tends to update these around three times an hour; enough time to track trend and attention data, and short enough to keep pace with the blogosphere." I guess it's kind of interesting, and if I had all the time in the world I'm sure I could spend some of it looking at the Percolator...but alas, I don't. More interesting to me is what's "popular." "Library" went from #14 most popular search to #12 in the past few minutes. Maybe I should keep clicking on library and see how high I can get it. If my clicking on it makes it jump that fast then I wonder about the number of technorati users...Oh, now it's down to #13.

ANYWAY...I got the image above by clicking on library and then saving the "viewings by day" graph to my desktop. I wonder why the recent spike in library searches? Interesting. I'm still not very interested in the results that technorati gives me for library. I guess the library use for this could be checking out what is popular and in the news at any given moment. But it seems that that is easily accomplished by looking at a Google or Yahoo homepage or CNN.com or any of the other news pages.

Ok, I'm going to watch the tutorial now...

No comments: