+

Friday, February 15, 2008

Item #12: Image generators



Hmmm, I didn't realize how many crappy pictures there were on Flickr until I started looking for something to manipulate. First I tried Mt. Fuji, now I'm looking for Japanese Maples. Really, it's impressive how many out of focus, uninteresting photos there are of bright red Japanese Maples.

Soooo...using Sketch Generator, I changed these lovely red leaves into a "sketch." It's very easy to do. I don't really like how blogger has placed the photos, but I guess it's livable. Any thoughts on how to make the images go exactly where I want them?

The other part of this assignment was to mention what 2.0 sites I'm enjoying and using on a regular basis. I've definitely become completely addicted to my bloglines account. I check it from work and from home. It's something I look forward to coming into work and doing first thing in the morning. Mostly I look at reviews of children's books and library 2.0 blogs, but I also have some news feeds, the addictive "blog" of "unnecessary" quotes (speaking of which, I just ate something called a "Veggie" Ham & Cheese Veggie Wrap. I'll be taking a photo and submitting that, fer sure!), and a few friends who occasionally post. In the past week, a few of my friends have created Facebook pages, so I may begin to use that more...too soon to tell. It's weird how when I log on I get a notice that my friend shani left this message ____ for another friend. Obviously you need to be aware at all times of what you're posting and who (everyone?) will be seeing it. And we'll see how much I use JacketFlap...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, cool, you mentioned me in your blog! although "weird" was also in the sentence... but i guess i can live with that. -sf