+

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Alt Blogging

I checked out Twitter and Tumblr. For personal use, I don't anticipate using either of these. Twitter reminds me of Facebook's option to say what you're doing. I like it ok on Facebook, it's fun to see what clever thing my friends say they're doing, but I don't need a whole website devoted to it and I don't need it on my cell phone. I can see that younger people and people with more active social lives than mine would like it. I saw a few libraries on Twitter and I can see the advantage of the library having an account IF our patrons are using Twitter. I don't know if it would be any better than sending out email with announcements about upcoming library events. Tumblr was much like Twitter and blogs. I don't really know what makes it that different than posting short blog posts of links. Interesting, but probably not something I'll revisit.

No comments: